16.3.12

aMOr di bUSta

Since I was a child, I loved writing letters and used to have many pen friends. The book 'Amor di Busta' [ISBN 8877680717] -showing the wonderfully illustrated envelopes on the corrispondence between artist Giosetta Fioroni and Guido Ceronetti- has increased my passion for letter writing. The envelop is the way we have to wrap a special present to the addressee.
Here you can see some of the letters I sent in the period between 1992 and 1998. 
I loved to draw on my envelopes, to use scraps from whatever lovely paper I could find around, magazines, paint leftovers from my own illustration, stickers... you name it, I re-used it. How nice was the sound of an envelop falling into the mail box and how wonderful is to find one when returning at home.

{ Fin da quando ero bambina ho sempre amato scrivere lettere ed avevo molti amici di penna, alcuni dei quali non ho mai neppure conosciuto di persona. 
Il libro 'Amor di Busta' [ISBN 8877680717] contenente fotografie delle bellissime buste illustrate della corrispondenza tra l'artista Giosetta Fioroni e Guido Ceronetti, ha moltiplicato la mia passione per il mondo epistolare. La busta e' il modo che abbiamo di incartare uno splendido regalo per il destinatario.
Queste sono le buste di alcune lettere da me scritte tra il 1992 e il 1998.
Amavo disegnare sulle buste, usare pezzettini di qualsiasi pezzo di bella carta che trovavo in giro e che da sempre colleziono, immagini tratti da riviste, adesivi, rimanenze delle mie stesse illustrazioni, usavo e riciclavo di tutto.
Che bello il suono della lettera che cade nella cassetta della posta quando la si imbuca, e che meraviglia trovarne una ad aspettarti al ritorno a casa! }

No comments:

Post a Comment

hi! leave a comment, I will be happy to read from you in english, italian or dutch. Don't forget your name and thanks for visiting.
..............................................................................................................................

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...