3.4.13

SAKURA











Driving my little one to kindergarten today, I noticed the cherry trees on the hills near home are suddently blooming. Spring is finally forcing itself through grey skies and rain.
This made my memory go back in time in 2008, in Japan, at this time of the year. Mr T and I were lucky to visit Japan and to see some wonderful sakura around the country. Mostly in the mountains or in Kyoto as in Tokyo it had just gone. The tree you see in pictures 5, 6 and 7 we were told to be probably the oldest cherry tree in Japan. I will never forget the emotion of standing underneath it and look up towards hundreds and hundreds of tiny light pink flowers against the blue sky.

Sakura means 'cherry blossom'. When cherry trees are in full blossom, the Japanese love to picnic in their shadow. Parks get full of people sitting on colorful blankets to enjoy those precious moments that usually do not last long. It is absolutely magic.

If a little sun will pop out, I hope to take some pictures around here too. In the meantime you can dream a little with me looking at these. You can also see what is happening right now in Tokyo in Ebony's and Hiki's blogs here, herehere and here.







|||


No comments:

Post a Comment

hi! leave a comment, I will be happy to read from you in english, italian or dutch. Don't forget your name and thanks for visiting.
..............................................................................................................................

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...