27.7.13

PORTRAIT GALLERY


My friend Giusi posted on her page a picture of this drawing: a portrait of hers I made more than 20 years ago. I believe it was part of a portrait series for the yearly Art Academy's anatomy exam.
I had completely forgotten about it. Funny to suddently see an old work of mine and realize I still kind of like it. Should work more on portraits, I guess.

Interesting enough Giusi posted another portrait done at the time by a friend of ours. Though both are quite resembling the two versions are extremely different in colors. Mine is red and vibrant, the other one is subtle and done in a pail purple palette (not shown here). That is why portraits do fashinate me, how the very same can be seen and portrayed in a very different way.






|||



No comments:

Post a Comment

hi! leave a comment, I will be happy to read from you in english, italian or dutch. Don't forget your name and thanks for visiting.
..............................................................................................................................

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...