19.12.14

ON MEMORY, A PERSONAL PHOTOGRAPHIC PROJECT



You may or not know already, I am working on a personal photographic project on the subject of memory.

+ Since I were a young girl I keep a diary, with stories and mementos of things I did such cinema tickets, little notes people give me, lots of scraps. I started keeping a diary, I guess, because I could not remember my childhood years and the thought of it was very unpleasant to me.

++ Recently I realised some things of my past had faded or disappeared completely from my memory. Most of the times even without me noticing. By coincidence I read a page of my diary that tells a story I have absolutely no idea about. If it where not for my own handwriting, I could not even tell it really happened.

+++ From pictures we all know things about our life; even those things we cannot remember such as being in the arms of your grandad when you are just born. 

Pictures are to me another form of diary writing, maybe a better diary that can include things we can and things we can't possibly remember.


They bring up memories and old feelings and emotions as if they emerged from water. I want to find a way to express this and the way I feel about things that are no longer in my memory, but that I want to recuperate and hold on to.

This work about lost and found memory will be exhibited in a collective exhibition, in february 2015. 

For the time being I'm planning to share some work in progress. Dates and venue will be shared soon, as well.


|||

No comments:

Post a Comment

hi! leave a comment, I will be happy to read from you in english, italian or dutch. Don't forget your name and thanks for visiting.
..............................................................................................................................

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...