11.1.16

THE STARS ARE LOOKING DIFFERENT TONIGHT






Music can be very precious. There were times in my life that if it were not for some headphones playing extremely high music, I felt I could have lost it. For many years that music playing keeping me sane -if that's possible- was David Bowie's.

Therefore there's no shame for me to say I felt real pain when I heard David Bowie passed away today, due to cancer.

I knew his music since my thirteens. Translating his songs I learned English, I learned there was a totally different way of doing things, to dare, to experiment with life and music. I felt his music was my safe place when teen-ager years put you to the test. By listening to him I shut the world outside every time I needed to.
He did accompany me for nearly4 decades of my life and definitely in the most delicate/important years.

He was a true music icon, a musical genius.

There are not many meaningful words I think I can say, except maybe thanking him for what he meant to me and that to me the stars are looking very different tonight.
Sadly.


|||


No comments:

Post a Comment

hi! leave a comment, I will be happy to read from you in english, italian or dutch. Don't forget your name and thanks for visiting.
..............................................................................................................................

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...