6.12.12

BOOK DESIGN


Clearing my drawers it's often like a nostalgic trip down memory lane.
Finding my essay on the myth of function in domestic space immediately reminded me of how much I love book design, letter press and book making. 
{ It also reminded me of my wonderful years in London at Central Saint Martins, but this is another story }

I designed/assembled this essay as if it were a wallpaper sample book. Each page printed on different  material (from textile, to paper, to plastic to metal) and each with different typeface layout so that typography becomes a decorative pattern in itself.
Just so to challenge the concept of pure function.

Are you for decoration or minimalism as far as domestic space is concerned? It's a nice thought in this period of the year, where we are all busy decorating our homes for Christmas.

It was really fun to make this book. I think I should make more books soon.


...




...................................................................................................................




No comments:

Post a Comment

hi! leave a comment, I will be happy to read from you in english, italian or dutch. Don't forget your name and thanks for visiting.
..............................................................................................................................

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...