30.1.14

GIRL WITH A PEARL EARRING


When I was living in The Netherlands, the Mauritshuis Museum in The Hague organised a major Johannes Vermeer Exhibition: 23 of his painting showing all together in one place. Many called back for the occasion from other collections and musea around the world.
Too good to be true. 
It lasted a few months, between March and June 1996 but tickets sold out so quickly I could not find one single opening and could not go.
What a disappointment that was. 

Now that I am back in my home town at 1283 km from The Hague, I was expecting everything but the opportunity to see Vermeer work arriving on my door step -well, kind of.  And yes, the Girl With a Pearl Earring will be showing -among other masterpieces- at Palazzo Fava. Exactly the painting I wanted to see so many years ago (not just that painting actually). Tickets started to sell very quickly again but this time I have booked one for me and one for Mr T. Yay!
I love when life surprises you like that.







|||



3 comments:

  1. Whohooo finally after all these years! When will you be visiting the exhibition? Some time soon, or in the spring?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, great isn't it? Life sometimes is strange. Loved this time no-effort thing :-)

      Delete
    2. PS It will happen in the end of february, yay! Did you see the famous Vermeer exhibition or other majhor ones of him?

      Delete

hi! leave a comment, I will be happy to read from you in english, italian or dutch. Don't forget your name and thanks for visiting.
..............................................................................................................................

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...