12.12.13

FANTASTICO | JAIME HAYON



I wanted to write and share about this since October, finally I decided to make it happen. I've seen Jaime Hayon'  exhibition FANTASTICO -held at the Groninger Museum in The Netherlands. Such a beautiful museum and such a great exhibition by this unique Spanish artist-designer!
I will write more about both in other blog posts, as both subjects deserve more dedication and time. For now I'd just like to show you some pictures of the sketchbook selection by Jaime shown in the exhibition. Aren't they beautiful?

Anyone crazy about sketchbooks out there? For me, looking at artists sketchbooks is like having a peek at hidden treasures. What about you? In this case it was a little mind blowing for me, like entering a place densely populated by colors, fantastic characters, ideas and inspiration. 
Hayon's sketchbooks reflect so well his extraordinary world: one of today's most influential creators always interested in finding challenges and new perspectives. I was really impressed and -belive me- one could spend hours looking at these books.... well I kind of did actually. 
Magic to see the origin of the pieces exhibited: as as a sketch on paper.   

FANTASTICO exhibition continues in Groningen till the 30th of march 2014, still plenty of time to visit. Don't miss it.







|||




2 comments:

  1. Stefnia, these look awesome! They put me to shame, really, for I have no sketchbooks at all! Do you have one? I agree, it's a great way of peeking into somebody's creative world. I think desks have a very similar quality for me, although not as strong of course. There was this website where you could see artists' desk, must find it again and email you. I also feel inspired to write something about sketchbooks on my blog...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marta, I'd say they put a lot of people to shame! I have some sketchbooks, but nothing like these ones. Many of them are half way full. I want to do more, everytime I lood at these I feel like producing and producing but I am not quite there yet. hayon is exceptionally productive, he's famous for that. I don't think I will ever be as productive but I believe sketchbooks help the creative process a lot.
      Please do write about sketchbooks on you blog, I am looking forward to read it. Slso I am super interested in the website you mention about the desks, send it when you find it :-)

      Delete

hi! leave a comment, I will be happy to read from you in english, italian or dutch. Don't forget your name and thanks for visiting.
..............................................................................................................................

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...