24.2.14

A WHITE WEEK





Few thoughts on the past week.
I was away for what we in Italy call a 'white week', meaning going somewhere in the mountains where one can find lots of snow and ski. 
Ski is something I am trying to learn and that is gradually qualifying to my surprise as something I can (more or less) do. 
I don't know why, I've got mixed feelings about it. When you start as a 40+ lady something that should probably be best learned at 5, you face uncomfortable territory -to say the least. If it were not for pictures, I'd have hard time believing I came down some steep (for me anyway) intermediate trails. Naturally with the help of ski lessons and a very patient and talented teacher. 

Sometimes I just need time to look back at what I did, reconsider things to finally be aware of the progress I am makingGradually I am feeling happy about it,  yet I feel it has been a strange week for me. I took so little time for what I normally like best: take pictures, enjoy the wonderful landscapes, spend quality time with my little family/friends. 









|||


No comments:

Post a Comment

hi! leave a comment, I will be happy to read from you in english, italian or dutch. Don't forget your name and thanks for visiting.
..............................................................................................................................

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...