20.5.12

sHAkiNg HEArth ...

At 4:02 in the morning I was suddently awake. My bed was moving back and forwards, a lot. The wardwobe glass sliding doors were jingeling like if a train was passing by too closely -but there is no railway here. Confused I looked at the chandelier on top of my bed swinging strongly ... by then I knew it, it was an earthquake.
I immediately put my shoes on, ready to fetch Erik from his little bed and run outside if necessary, but instead I stayed still and listened. Nothing. He was asleep all the time.
The night was totally quiet, none of my neighbors seemed to have noticed. No one outside.  I decided to go back to bed, stay alert but even if my heart pounded hard for half hour I finally fell back into sleep.
---
This morning I have heard many people in the city of Bologna did run out in the streets in the middle of the night. I could not believe my reaction after all. Can you believe i went back to bed? Ok, we live in a 2 floors house on the hills, probably safer then high building in towns. Yet... Anyway nothing happened to us, we are all fine and well. Smaller shakes are happening also right now.
---
My friend Fuji from Japan sent me a very sweet mail to know if everything was ok for us. I cannot begin to think how powerful the fear must have been in japan last year. Our earthquake was just magnitude 5.9, yet so scary. A strange feeling has stayed with me ever since last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hi! leave a comment, I will be happy to read from you in english, italian or dutch. Don't forget your name and thanks for visiting.
..............................................................................................................................

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...