16.8.12

fOUNd tREasURes [1]

... I love flea markets and modern antiques, old stuff in general. There's something fascinating about things belonged to others. Yesterday I spent hours looking at things at the monthly antiques market where I found many things I liked, some of which I absolutely had to purchase.

Do you sometimes have the feeling you must have something, even not knowing yet what you are going to do with it, even knowing your house is full of stuff like that and your loving partner is probably going to kill you if you come home with more paraphernalia?
Well... I do [but admit I am trying to get over it]



1.. a box full of ribbons with initials. It was such a delight for the eyes -for me anyway- that I stared at it for a very long time and took many many pictures. It was also wonderfull to touch them, and the best thing ever is that I found a ribbon for my little Erik and a ribbon for Theo. No initials for me I am afraid.
2.. in a red plastic bowl full of black and white pictures I found pictures of little a girl with a short fringe. I was immediately drawn to her and could not put the pictures down. I ended up buying 3 of them. My favourite one is where she holds a baby in her arms.
3.. ok, I was eyeing a fox brooch by Lea Stein when I spotted this little gingham west highland terrier dog. It's a bakelite broach made in the 70's (remember the postcards with mobile eyes?) by an unknown designer and now it's mine! Well... Lea Stein brooches can wait a little longer I suppose.
4.buttons, buttons, buttons. I found a nice selection and am planning to use them soon.
.....



............................................................................................................................



No comments:

Post a Comment

hi! leave a comment, I will be happy to read from you in english, italian or dutch. Don't forget your name and thanks for visiting.
..............................................................................................................................

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...