14.5.13

THIS IS LONDON

queue at the bus stop

the Bank of England in the heart of the city

Covent Garden market (today not a market anymore)

Piccadilly Circus at night




I found a very nice exhibition about Czech illustrator Miroslav Sasek. It was pure coincidence as i did not know this exhibition was held in the London Bridge, when we went there. So lovely when things like this happen, don't you think? 

The illustrations you see in these pictures here in the blog, are come all from the beautiful illustrated book This is London, which is now is happily in my bookshelves. 
I love the drawings, they are very elegant and sophisticated. Actually they portray the London of the 1960's, a period that I absolutely love, even though I did not experienced it myself directly.
Sasek is known for other award-winning classic stories on the great cities of the world, recorded with a loving eye and playful sense of fun. The book about London was published in 1959, after other very charming books This is New York, This is Paris, This is San Francisco. 
Hopefully I will add them to my collection one day soon.







|||




No comments:

Post a Comment

hi! leave a comment, I will be happy to read from you in english, italian or dutch. Don't forget your name and thanks for visiting.
..............................................................................................................................

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...